3.19.2005

Reconnaisance

The University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee just upset Boston College. If this was any other year post-middle school, I would undoubtedly be re-tallying my possible total for an NCAA March Madness pool.

This is the first year in at least 12 that I didn't spend countless hours researching, analyzing, poring over and dissecting the 64 teams in the NCAA college basketball national tournament. Nope, no brackets filled out this year. I feel like i've betrayed someone, but i'm not exactly sure who, or how. It's like I'm skipping Thanksgiving or some other predictible, requisite ceremony that's integral to my life.

But I must say, in the final minutes of the UWM-BC game, I wasn't worrying about my standing in the pool, calculating how many future games I got wrong already, or ranting about some 21 year-old kid b/c he missed a few clutch foul shots. It was the end of a basketball game, being played by those who love the game b/c they love the game, not b/c of $45 million dollar contracts or pride-massaging interviews or anything like that. Nope, I was watching an upset unfold, and loved every second.

Of course I can't help but wonder if I would have picked it this way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home