3.02.2005

Midnight Sun

OK, I live in one of those cities where movies are filmed, celebrities hang out, and tourists tend to flock. But tonight I wish it were otherwise....

I live a few blocks from Dolores Park, which, granted, is an incredible little oasis in SF. Neatly tucked between the Mission, the Castro, and Noe Valley, perched on the side of an east-facing hill with vistas of downtown, the Bay Bridge, SF bay, Berkeley and Oakland, and Mt. Diablo. It's beautiful during the day, and (but?) attracts lots of people from many walks of life. Yuppies, hippies, hipsters, yupsters, homeless, latinos, gays, lesbians, transsexuals, transvestites, transgenders, children, parents, dot-commers, waiters, artists, and accountants. This fact makes it difficult to film a movie. So why not just film it at night...but make it daytime?

Currently, there are two gigantic, stadium-light-dwarfing supernovas planted on the hill, bathing my apartment, and much of the neighborhood, in virtual daylight. The sun set 5 hours ago. With my shades drawn, and drapes over them, I can still make shadow puppets on my wall. I imagine this is what the summer equinox above the arctic circle is like....

Time to attempt sleep, undoubtedly inviting dreams of beaches and deserts and the bright-side of the moon. G'nite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home