7.08.2005

Sh'ma, Yisrael!

I'm not even sure who I told, but I just went to Israel. This was a life-changing experience, and the idea of writing down even the most fundamental aspects in a BLOG of all places feels like a cheapening of it all. But I'll ramble for a bit.

The themes: Survival, self-preservation, perserverance, identity, family. I can't explain how foreign, and yet familiar, the whole experience was.

generational, confrontational, inspirational...I will return Israel, the language less of a barrier, the politics less of a mystery. I learned I need to be more literal, be less intense. I need to make lists that I can finish. I need to stop feeling needed. "I know everybody here thinks they need you"

Avenu shalom alechem!

1 Comments:

Blogger jb said...

Sam, read the newest...

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home